Acknowledging your bravery allows you to experience mental strength and many other benefits. It helps you overcome adversity and get through hard times. If you ever doubt yourself, remember that you’re braver than you think, and you can get through anything.
Reading quotes that prove that you’re brave can serve as the perfect reminder. The quotes will remind you that you’re not alone in your struggle, and they’ll give you the courage to persevere. Plus, the words will help you appreciate being brave, urging you to do it in every situation.
You are brave each day when you deal with your daily struggles, even if you don’t realize it. When you could give up and let obstacles get the best of you, persevering shows your inner strength. Even if you don’t get recognition for being brave, it’ll build confidence and inner strength.
Being brave doesn’t mean you have to be fearless. Instead, it only means that you keep going even when you’re afraid. Use these quotes as a reminder that you are always more courageous than you realize.
Seventeen Quotes That Prove That You’re Braver Than You Think
These quotes prove that you’re braver than you think, offering inspiration each day of your life. As you relate to the words of others who have been in your position, you’ll recognize your true strength.
1. “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
You’ll run into trouble sometimes, but you can get through it. If you can smile through the hard times and find your inner strength from distress, you’re showing how brave you are. Not only will you feel good about it, but other people will look up to you for it, too.
2. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
Sometimes you’ll feel like you can’t keep going. You’ll wonder how you can make something happen, and you might convince yourself it would be best to give up. If you can keep going even when these feelings overtake your thoughts, you’re being brave.
3. “There are so many ways to be brave in this world…Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life. That is the sort of bravery I must have now.” – Veronica Roth
Being brave doesn’t always require doing big things. Instead, it can be about going through your daily tasks and doing something to improve your life. As you go through each day, remind yourself that each step you take shows that you’re brave.
4. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – Dumbledore
Standing up to your enemies shows courage, but standing up to your friends is even more complicated. A good friend will someone when they cross a line or do something wrong. When you speak up to a friend or loved one, remember this quote and how brave you are.
5. “It takes courage…to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.” – Marianne Williamson
Discovering who you are is an act of courage, so don’t underestimate yourself along the journey. You could choose to sit back and live a dull life without meaning, but you aren’t doing that. Every time you do something that contributes to self-discovery, you’re being brave.
6. “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.” – Mahatma Gandhi
As Gandhi explains in this quote, only brave people can exhibit love. If you can love and be loved, you’re already showing that you’re brave. Write this quote down and keep it somewhere you’ll frequently see as a reminder of your inner strength.
7. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Even when you feel like you didn’t do enough or let your obstacles get the best of you, there’s always tomorrow. If you can go to bed at the end of the day with a plan to try again tomorrow, you’re more courageous than you realize.
8. “If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
Sitting at home won’t allow you to push your limits or learn anything new. You can accomplish your goals and overcome your fear if you don’t do anything about it. Get out there and do what it takes to conquer fear and live a meaningful life.
9. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
Things happen in life that you can’t control, but you can decide how you react. You might not like the situation, but staying positive and making the most of it shows how brave you are.
10. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
You must struggle in life if you want to build strength and courage. If everything were easy, you’d never learn or grow resiliency. Embrace each struggle for the benefit it can be rather than viewing it as a reason to give up.
11. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
You’ll always experience fear in life, and it doesn’t make you weak. Instead, triumphing over the fear shows that you’re braver than you think. Each time you conquer a worry, you show how brave you are as you build inner strength.
12. “One small crack does not mean that you are broken. It means that you were put to the test, and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
No one is perfect or flawless, so having a crack doesn’t have to be a bad thing. As Poindexter explains, the crack proves that you were tested and made it through. You persevered when things got hard, and your crack is only a reminder that you can overcome anything.
13. “Courage to me is doing something daring, no matter how afraid, insecure, intimidated, alone, unworthy, incapable, ridiculed or whatever other paralyzing emotion you might feel.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
When you feel any negative emotions expressed in this quote, it’s okay. You are still strong despite the negativity telling you otherwise. Use this quote to remember that you can overcome even the most intense feelings.
Keep pushing and do daring things, even when you feel like running the other way. When you keep going, it shows your courage more than anything else.
14. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
You might feel like hiding when things get hard, but most people can resist the urge. If you persevere and face up to complicated situations, you’re exhibiting more strength than you give yourself credit for. You show your power each time you keep pushing forward amid hardship.
15. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Fear will convince you that you can’t do something, but you can make anything happen. When you push past those feelings that you can’t do something, you’re showing strength and courage. Face all of your fears, and don’t let them stop you from doing what you want and need to do.
16. “To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.” – Criss Jami
Some people might want to hide their weaknesses, but that’s not the way to do it. When you show your weaknesses, it makes you vulnerable and shows how strong you are. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to show that you’re brave in this way. Sharing weaknesses and vulnerability have a way of bringing people together and promoting inner strength.
17. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart…I’ll always be with you.” – Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)
Please do not underestimate your capacity to be braver than you ever thought possible. Remove your self-imposed limitations. Even when you feel all alone, know that those who love you will be right there to cheer you on.
Final Thoughts on Quotes That Prove That You’re Braver Than You Think
These quotes will help you remember that you are braver than you think. Even when things get hard, your courage and inner strength shine through and help you overcome. If you ever feel like you aren’t brave enough, come back and reread these quotes.
It might help to write down your favorite quotes to keep with you for later reference. The more often you read the passages, the more ingrained the idea becomes in your mind. Utilize these quotes that prove you’re braver than you think, and you’ll find that your life becomes more meaningful.
The post 17 Quotes That Prove That You’re Braver Than You Think appeared first on Power of Positivity: Positive Thinking & Attitude.