Feeling afraid once in a while is a part of life, but you can reduce the fear you feel. If you don’t reduce the fear and instead allow it to hold you back, your life won’t be as fulfilled as it could be. To avoid missing out on great things, use these positivity in life quotes to reduce your fears.
Sometimes, fear is a way to signal an unsafe situation but, more often than not, it indicates the unknown. When you step out of your comfort zone to experience new things or opportunities, it is normal to feel afraid. In this instance, you must push through the fear to do what you know will better your life.
If you can reduce your fears and overcome them, you will go on to live the life intended for you. Reducing them can help you become the person you want to be and help you learn and grow. Use the advice and motivation found in these positivity in life quotes to help you get through.
Fifteen Positivity in Life Quotes to Reduce Your Fears
Don’t miss out on the best things in life. Read these wise words to muster your courage.
If you don’t overcome your fears and get through them, you won’t get what you want out of life. Push through, face your fears, and know that it will all be well worth it.
2. “Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie
When you are afraid of something, it is because you don’t fully understand it. Take the time to learn about the things you don’t understand so you can reduce your fears. Keep an open mind as you try to understand things, and you will overcome your fears even quicker.
3. “Fears are educated into us, and can if we wish, be educated out.” – Karl A. Menninger
Sometimes you will learn to be afraid of something, but you can change that. Learn more about what you’re scared of and work to understand it. Then, you will notice that the fear doesn’t overcome you or hold you back any longer.
4. “Fear and anxiety many times indicates that we are moving in a positive direction, out of the safe confines of our comfort zone, and in the direction of our true purpose.” – Charles F. Glassman
If you feel fearful, remember that it usually means you are heading down the right path. Moving outside of your comfort zone is sure to cause fear, but know that it helps you move forward. By stepping out of your comfort zone and overcoming fear, you can live the life that is meant for you.
5. “If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
You will never reduce your fears if you don’t do anything about them. Staying home to avoid what you are afraid of will only cause the fear to become worse. Get out there and face your fears so that you can overcome them.
Each time you face your fear, you will be a little closer to eliminating the fear. Keep putting yourself out there even when it is uncomfortable so that you can reduce your fears.
6. “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” -C. JoyBell C.
When you are afraid, it can be an indicator that something is important to you. Don’t let your fear scare you out of trying new things or moving forward. Instead, embrace the feeling and remember that whatever is coming will be worth it.
7. “Living with fear stops us taking risks, and if you don’t go out on the branch, you’re never going to get the best fruit.” – Sarah Parish
Sometimes taking risks is beneficial to you. It can help you find new opportunities, try new things, and live a more fulfilling life. Don’t let fear hold you back because it is the only way to experience the best things in life.
You are stronger than you realize, and you can get through any situation that you find yourself in. Trust that you are making the right decisions, and you will notice that your fears reduce drastically. When you can trust in yourself, you will know that you will survive anything.
9. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
It is normal to feel afraid sometimes, but you must face your fears. As you face your fears, you will become stronger, more courageous, and more confident with yourself.
When you keep going despite your fears, you can use it as a stepping stone for more things to come. You will be more prepared for whatever comes next, and you will be more resilient.
10. “When you confront the monster you fear the most, you’ll defeat your fears.”
David D. Burns
One sure way to reduce your fear to confront and overcome them. Letting your fears hold you back or avoiding them will only cause them to get worse.
Don’t let what you are afraid of hold you back. Get out there and confront your fears so that you can truly live your life.
11. “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.” – Jim Morrison
If you want to eliminate your fears, do as Morrison suggests and expose yourself to them. Each time you face your fears, you will become less afraid of doing it again. As time goes on, you will notice that your fear is gone, and it no longer lingers in your mind.
Once fear loses its power over you, then you no longer have to worry about it. By overcoming your fear, you will feel like you have been set free, so keep working on it.
12. “Fear isn’t only a guide to keep us safe; it’s also a manipulative emotion that can trick us into living a boring life.” -Donald Miller
While sometimes fear can be an indicator that something is unsafe, that isn’t always the case. Feeling afraid is often a manipulative mindset that holds you back from doing new things or moving forward.
An easy way to tell the difference is to ask yourself whether you are currently in danger. If the answer is ‘no,’ you should face your fear and experience whatever is coming next.
13. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
Courageous and brave people still experience fear sometimes, but they overcome it. They face their fears and know that the discomfort they experience will lead to something much better. Facing your fears is the way to live the life you have always dreamed of.
14. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” – Steve Maraboli
When you feel afraid, take a step back and reassess the situation. Remember that nothing is as bad as it initially seems, as Maraboli explains. You can work through any problem, so overwhelming yourself with fear and negativity won’t help.
Instead, please take a deep breath and figure out a way to deal with and face it. You can overcome any fear if you remember this positivity in life quotes to reduce your fears.
15. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
If you can’t seem to overcome the fear that you feel, make a decision. By making a decision, your fear will reduce because you know what you are doing next. While it may not completely erase your fears, it will help minimize them so that you can feel a little better.
Final Thoughts on Positivity in Life Quotes to Reduce Your Fears
It is normal to feel fearful sometimes in life, but reducing those fears is essential. By reducing them, you will allow yourself to experience life, try new things, and continually better yourself. When you begin to feel fearful, remember these positivity in life quotes to reduce your fears.
These positivity in life quotes will help you remember why you must keep pushing forward. The quotes will also help you trust in yourself as you do things that seem uncomfortable at first.
The only way to reduce your fear to avoid letting them control your life and face them directly. It won’t be easy initially, but the more you put yourself out there and face your fears, the more your fears diminish.