The feeling of being lonely can hit you at any time, in the most unexpected of situations. Oftentimes, there is nothing you can do right at that moment to ease the feeling of loneliness. Memorizing some quotes on friends can help you change that, though.
If you think of your friends and loved ones when you feel lonely, the loneliness will ease, and you will find happiness again. Quotes on friends can help you recall the great friends you have and remind you that they are always with you.
Fifteen Quotes on Friends to Remember When You Feel Lonely
Sometimes the best cure to loneliness is a reminder of the people that are in your life. When you are struggling, reach out to those that mean the most. These quotes on friends will help you remember to do that.
1. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
If your friends are far away, this quote can help you remember that they are always with you. Condie’s words will help you feel like you aren’t alone because you have someone who grew with you. They are always out there, and they are always a part of you.
2. “I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.” – Jon Katz
When things get hard, you might find that you distance yourself from your friends and leave yourself lonely. It can be easy to let life come between you and your friends, but try to make every effort you can. By staying in contact with your friends and maintaining the friendship, you will never feel lonely.
Make your friendships a priority. Remember that friends are what makes life so special, and embrace those you are closest to.
3. “Life isn’t about having a thousand friends. It’s about finding the very few right ones you need.” – A.R. Asher
When you feel lonely, don’t resort to spending time with those that aren’t truly your friend. You could be surrounded by dozens of people and still feel alone if you aren’t with the right people.
Find a few close friends that make you feel happy, secure, safe, and cared for. Once you find those people, you will never have to feel lonely again because they’ll always be a phone call away.
4. “If you make friends with yourself, you will never be alone.” – Maxwell Maltz
While it is nice to have close friends nearby, you should also find a friend in yourself. Learn to love yourself, and you will begin to enjoy your company. Once you start to enjoy time spent alone, you will never have to worry about feeling lonely again.
5. “My circle is small, but the love is enormous and genuine. It gets no better.” – Alex Elle
When you feel lonely, remember that the people in your life are special. Even if there are only a few, you know that you are loved and that you love in return. There is no better feeling than this.
If you use this quote as a reminder that you are not alone, you will feel better. Even when your friends aren’t around, you won’t feel lonely because you know they are out there.
6. “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation, doesn’t always need togetherness, as long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part.” – Unknown
You don’t have to talk to your friends every day for the love to remain. The amount of time you spend together doesn’t matter, either. True friends carry one another with them in their hearts, so they are never alone.
7. “Talking to your best friend is sometimes all the therapy you need.” – Unknown
There is nothing comparable to talking with your best friend about your problems. If you feel lonely, call your best friend and talk for as long as you can. Sometimes all that you need is a friend to talk to and comforting reassurance that you aren’t alone.
8. “Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they are always there.” – Unknown
As adults, your friends can’t always be by your side, even if you want them to be. You have jobs, families, and other responsibilities to tend to, and they do, as well. Having responsibilities means you won’t see your friends as often as you’d like, and you might end up feeling lonely.
If this happens to you, remember this quote on friends. The quote will remind you that even if your friend isn’t physically by your side, they are still there.
9. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
When you feel lonely, it might be tempting to turn to people that bring you down or hold you back. Looking for companionship and a way to fill the void can leave you feeling blinded. Remember this quote by Glasgow, and you won’t find yourself in that position.
Friends should only support you and help you, and they shouldn’t stand in your way. They will help you when you fall and guide you when you need guidance. Leave space in your life for positive friends, even if you are looking to ease loneliness.
10. “Having a soulmate is not always about love. You can find your soulmate in a friendship too.” – Unknown
If you are waiting for a romantic relationship to cure your loneliness, you might be looking in the wrong place. Friendships can be just as fulfilling as a romantic relationship. Focus on your friends and those there for you, and you will find that you don’t feel as lonely.
When you find yourself yearning for a romantic relationship, spend time with your friends. Do something that will make you laugh and forget about what was bothering you. Then, you will see that your soulmate can easily be found in a best friend, too.
11. “I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
Inevitably, friends will separate by a long-distance move. They might be away from one another for years, even. If you are in this position, find comfort that you and your friend are under the same sky.
Not only that, but you are breathing the same air and living in the same world. Breathing the same air and being under the same sky means that you are together despite the geographical distance.
12. “No matter where you are, you will always be looking at the same moon as I am.” – Unknown
If you find yourself feeling lonely, take a step outside at night. Look for the moon, and find reassurance that your loved ones are under the same moon. This thought can make you feel like you aren’t quite as alone, bringing you a little peace.
13. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” – Clifton Fadiman
When you feel lonely, close your eyes and envision your friends. Think of those that know all of the intimate details of your life, as Fadiman explains in this quote.
They will be the friends that you don’t have to explain things to anymore because they know everything there is to know already. If you think of them, you will feel comforted as they are your safe space.
14. “If there is ever a tomorrow where we’re not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we are apart, I’ll always be with you.” – A.A. Milne
Your friends will always be with you, even if they aren’t physically by your side. Please find comfort in that thought and allow it to bring you strength and wisdom as you go through life.
15. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer
When you feel lonely, reach out to the friend that relights your inner fire. Sometimes that is all you need to feel better. If that friend is far away, give them a call and spend time talking until your flame rekindles.
Loneliness is an unpleasant feeling that can be hard to get rid of. When life gets busy, or you aren’t feeling like yourself, you might find that you aren’t spending enough time with your friends. If your friends live far away, it poses another issue, too.
Either way, no matter which situation you are in, these quotes on friends will help when you feel lonely. The quotes on friends will remind you of all the great people in your life and remind you that you are never alone.
The post 15 Quotes on Friends to Remember When You Feel Lonely appeared first on Power of Positivity: Positive Thinking & Attitude.