Positivity is essential to being happy, although that fact might not always be obvious. It isn’t always easy to be positive, but you can make it a habit by practicing it. These quotes on being happy explain why being positive is so important, helping you correct your mindset in hard moments.
These quotes on being happy will remind you to check your thoughts often and correct them when necessary. After a while, positivity will become natural for you, which will only make you happier.
When you are happy, you will be more successful, have better relationships, and be healthier. There are no downfalls to being happy, and you can quickly achieve it if you set your mind to it. Use these quotes on being happy to explain the importance of being positive to help you achieve the right mindset.
Fifteen Quotes on Being Happy
1. “If being happy is important to you, try this: instead of regretting all you lack, celebrate all you’ve got.” – Brian Vaszily
Don’t think negatively about the things you don’t have, and don’t spend your time yearning for them. Instead, celebrate what you already have because it is enough. When you live this way and are joyful about the things you have, you will find that happiness soon follows.
2. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” – Dale Carnegie
Your mindset is the most influential thing when it comes to your happiness. If you think positively, you will be happy no matter what else is going on, as Carnegie explains. Be happy with the person that you are, what you are doing, and what you have, and everything will fall into place.
3. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
There doesn’t have to be anything special going on for you to be happy. You can find joy in the small, everyday experiences you go through.
Look around, and you are sure to find something that makes you happy. Notice the birds chirping, or the sun shining, or even be happy about rain to nourish the plants. It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as it brings you happiness.
4. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
If you radiate positivity, good things will come, including happiness. The things that you think and feel are what will be drawn to you. If you want happiness, stay positive so that you can have positive things come to you.
Look around you and pay attention to the attitudes of others since happiness is about your mindset. Those who are pessimists likely seem to have bad luck and are unhappy, while the opposite is true for optimists. Remember this every day, and you can allow your positivity to bring happiness into your life.
5. “Being happy is something that each of us determines. It is not something that we find outside of yourself, it is within us and our choice.” – Catherine Pulsifer
The only person that can determine your happiness is you, and nothing can change that. No situation, event, or setting can cause your unhappiness, either. As Pulsifer explains, happiness is inside of you, and it is up to you to find it and bring it out.
6. “There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them.” – Anthony de Mello
When you believe negative things about yourself, it begins to seem like the truth, as de Mello explains. Change your thought process, though, because it will make all of the difference. If you believe in yourself, the things that didn’t seem possible will become achievable.
Likewise, if you tell yourself that you are happy, you will believe it and start to feel it. You are what you tell yourself you are. So, fill your brain with positivity so that it can lead you to happiness.
7. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
Looking back with nostalgia won’t change the way things worked out, as Pagnol explains. Likewise, have anxiety that the future won’t work out won’t help, either.
The only thing that will help you be happy is to think positively about the past, present, and future. Trust that everything will work out, and you will feel happiness more often.
As explained in other quotes on being happy, your mindset plays a role in your happiness. For happiness, your thoughts must be positive so that your life can be, too. Your thoughts shape your life, and it is up to if they will be positive or negative.
Make it a priority to check your thoughts often. If you notice negative thinking, shift your focus to something else and replace the thought with a positive one. After a while, positivity will become a natural habit that will help you be happy.
9. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
Even amid hardship, there is beauty around you if you look for it. On hard days, remember this quote on being happy to remind you to look for the good. By staying positive and looking for things to find joy in, you will naturally be a happier person.
10. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
You can’t plan on only being happy when you reach your goals. Most of the excitement and happiness comes from the journey and the memories of your experiences. Enjoy the hard work you are putting in now because it will mean the most when you get to the top.
If you spend the journey to success dreading each day, it won’t ever bring happiness. You will spend most of your time waiting to be happy instead of embracing life right now. If you can appreciate and find positivity in your daily tasks, you will find purpose and happiness, too.
11. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
You can’t expect happiness to fall into your lap. You must think and act positively so that you can live a positive life. Only then will you find true happiness.
12. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.” – Tena Desae
With positivity, hard work, hope, and learning, you can find and maintain happiness. The people you surround yourself with can influence your mood, too, even if you try not to let it. Choose to do things and spend time with those who make you happy.
Keep learning because growth is essential to being happy. If you can do all of these things that Desae mentions, you will find happiness.
13. “The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.” – Unknown
No matter where you are or what you are doing, accept your life as it is. Make the most out of what you have and appreciate everything. If you can stay positive, you will have found the secret to happiness.
14. “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” – Unknown
Life isn’t perfect, so you can’t wait for perfection. Learn to be happy right now and in every moment, despite what you are going through. There is always more to be positive about, so look to those aspects of your life instead.
15. “You can never be really happy if you keep holding to those bad memories which makes you sad.” – Anurag Prakash
Let go of the memories that bring you negativity and sadness. Accept what happened and then release it because you can’t change it. Focusing on those memories will prevent you from being happy, so try to replace them with something positive.
Final Thoughts on How These Quotes on Being Happy Will Perfectly Explain the Importance of Positivity
As these quotes on being happy show, being positive is essential. With positivity, you will feel better about yourself, your life, and the world around you. It will help you figure out your priorities and make changes for the better.
Positivity will also help you learn and grow as you go through life, and you will become more resilient. With those benefits, it is clear why positivity is so important for being happy.
The post 15 Quotes on Being Happy Will Explain the Importance of Positivity appeared first on Power of Positivity: Positive Thinking & Attitude.